Saturday, July 30, 2011

Open Our Eyes

We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. ~ 2 Corinthians 1:8-9

God is so amazing!  He moves heaven and earth and orchestrates all things to work together for my good (Romans 8:28).  Now, when we are walking through the valleys in our lives, it doesn’t feel good, it doesn’t look good, and we may not see how it will ever be good.  But we can rest assured that if we are in Christ and He is in us that we have the power within us (through Christ Jesus) to turn this situation around.  It’s all about perception and having our eyes opened to more truth.  God said, “Lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes,” (Isaiah 54:2).  When God makes us a promise, it’s also a call in our lives to make more room and time for Him and what He wants to do in our lives.  It’s a call for us to go deeper than ever before with Him.  As we go deeper, He opens our eyes wider and shows us more truth.  It’s all about perception.  The things I see and know today, I wasn’t ready for even two months ago.  The things He will teach me tomorrow will be built upon the things He’s teaching me today.  Psalm 23:4 says that even though today I might be walking in the shadow of the valley of death, tomorrow, God may reveal that the shadow I thought was death was really the shadow of the cross and He had to open my eyes so I could see it clearly.  2 Corinthians 1:8-9 says that I had to be brought to a point in my life and walk to realize that I can’t do it on my own, but must rely completely on God.  And that’s ok, because God longs to work amazing miracles in my life!

Life is full of light and shadows.  Oh, the joy and oh, the sorrow, oh, the sorrow / And yet will He bring the day from night.  And yet will He bring dark to light / When shadows fall on us, We will not fear, We will remember, When darkness falls on us, We will not fear, We will remember, When all seems lost, When we’re thrown and we’re tossed, We’ll remember the cost, We’re resting in the shadow of the cross. ~ “Shadows” David Crowder Band

No comments:

Post a Comment