Wednesday, July 27, 2011

When I Call

When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. ~ Psalm 138:3

One of the things I love about my God is that He always answers me when I call.  Now, I don’t know if He answers me because I expect Him to, or if I expect Him to because He always answers me.  Sometimes His answers are simply to show me He loves me:  See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me,” (Isaiah 49:16); and “For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do,” (Ephesians 2:10).  Sometimes, He answers me with gentle encouragement: “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak…but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint,” (Isaiah 40:29, 31).  And sometimes He answers me with bold and challenging encouragement: “Therefore, thus says the LORD, ‘If you return, then I will restore you— Before Me you will stand; And if you extract the precious from the worthless, You will become My spokesman,” (Jeremiah 15:19); and “They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, ‘Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed.’ [But I prayed],’"Now strengthen my hands,’” (Nehemiah 6:9).

No matter what situation I’m in and no matter what I’m going through, I know, without a shadow of a doubt that my God will answer me when I call Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment