Thursday, February 25, 2016

He Understands

LORD, you understand; remember me and care for me. ~ Jeremiah 15:15 NIV

When I read today’s verse, Holy Spirit whispered, “Jesus does understand.” Like many other families, we’ve been under enemy fire. Sometimes the attacks come in little things like when Savannah’s strong-willed streak appears and she pees in front of the toilet instead of in it. But sometimes it’s the bigger things like when we have exactly enough diapers to get Elizabeth through church and then we will be completely out of diapers and without money to buy more. Or when there’s more month than there is food in the house. And just to add insult to injury, the enemy comes and steals sleep night after night after night.

But every time I come into my Daddy’s presence and cry, “I am so tired! I need Your help to get me through today,” that’s when Jesus says, “I know. I’ve been there.” Until this season, I’ve never understood 2 Corinthians 12:10, “For when I am weak then I am strong,” (NIV). When I humble my heart, enter His presence, and ask for His help, He binds His strength and power with my faith and I am able to persevere by His power alone. It’s been through those times that I become strong and stronger still. Persevere is the Greek word hypomonē which is “the characteristic of a man who is unswerved from his deliberate purpose and his loyalty to faith…even by the greatest trials and sufferings,” (blueletterbible.org).

It’s impossible to do anything by our own strength and power. But when we invite God’s power to be infused with our own, there is nothing God can’t or won’t do through us.

©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment