Thursday, February 18, 2016

Give It Everything

Give it everything you have, heart and soul. ~ Joshua 1:7 MSG

Several months ago, I wrote a devotional called “More.” In essence, it’s the constant battle between opposing forces. For example, when Peter stepped out of the boat to move toward Jesus, there were more opportunities for him to drown, but there was also the possibility that he’d walk on water. When David approached the battle line to fight Goliath, there were more opportunities for him to be slaughtered and the Israelites to become slaves, but there was also the possibility that he’d kill the giant.

The truth is, we won’t know the possibility of success until we try and give it everything. When I ran my 5K in December, I didn’t push myself due to a myriad of reasons, and I ran my slowest pace ever. While it was still fun, I was disheartened by my time. A couple weeks ago, Holy Spirit said to give it everything, to push myself and hold nothing back. I walked a 5K much faster than I ran it back in December. 

We won’t know what God can do in and through us until we give Him everything, holding nothing back.

Fear will always be present, because the enemy will always be present. The question is: what will you do with the fear? Will you allow it to paralyze you, completely stopping you from doing the very thing you long to do? Will you allow it to amputate you, decreasing your impact by choosing a “safer” route? Will you allow it to deter you, steering you away from your promised land for the next 40 years? Or will you use it to propel you, catapulting you to the very place and in front of the very people that God wants you to impact for His glory?

How much will you give God?

©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment