Sunday, February 28, 2016

Uniquely Called

God doesn’t want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7 MSG

If you hadn’t figured it out by now, I love to write! I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. My mom says I’ve been telling stories about Jesus since I could talk. I’m honored by and have thoroughly enjoyed the writing projects that God has led me to along the way. I recently heard two different perspectives on writers. The first said, “Aren’t there enough writers? Why do we need more?” And the second said, “God is raising up a whole new generation of writers. We need more writers.” I absolutely love that second quote, and not just because I am a writer, but because it totally refutes the enemy’s lies. So many times he has said, “Why do they need you? It’s already been written, already been spun, already been done.” But my God whispers to me and say, “But they need you to tell your story. I’ve called you for a specific and different purpose than others.” Those people God called me to reach might not hear what He has to say if I don’t fulfill my calling and my dream.

Jeremiah 15:16 says, “I have been called by Your Name.” We love, follow, and serve a creative God. He is so creative that He has uniquely designed and given each of us a calling for a specific purpose. Can you imagine?! If you put a handful of writers in the room who all write in similar styles, they will still have been called to uniquely touch different people in different ways and for different purposes because they have individually experienced life.

God has called and designed you for a specific purpose. Don’t let the enemy stop you from reaching those who need to hear what God has called you to say!

©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment