Sunday, February 21, 2016

Jesus Will

The Lord said, “Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose” ~ Jeremiah 15:11 NIV

I love Savannah’s heart, passion, and trust. She’s been making a lot of “Jesus will” declarations lately.  She can’t always remember the names of her favorite shows or songs, so she makes up her own names and then it’s up to us to decipher. For example, “Pluto” is “The Goofy Movie” and the “Bear Show” is “Fun and Fancy Free.” She also calls “Zacchaeus” the “Monkey Song.” If you aren’t familiar with the song, Zacchaeus is short and climbs up a tree to see Jesus, but Jesus tells him to come down because He’s going to Zacchaeus’ house today. My assumption is that Zacchaeus climbed a tree like a monkey and that’s why she calls it the Monkey Song. One night, Savannah said, “The monkey will bite me…but Jesus will protect me.”  Then a few days later, a toy of hers broke and we weren’t able to fix it. But Savannah wasn’t worried. She looked at me quite certain and said, “Jesus will fix it.”

“The LORD said, ‘Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose; surely I will make your enemies plead with you in times of disaster and times of distress,’” (Jeremiah 15:11 NIV). As I was studying this scripture, I dug into the commentaries and in essence God said, When the way looks threatening and you feel danger closing in on you, trust in Me.

My 3-year-old trusts that Jesus will. What do you need from Jesus today? A job? Healing? Protection? Financial provision? Restoration in relationships? Wisdom and discernment? “Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,” (Psalm 103:2 NIV). Whatever you need in your life today, be as bold as a 3-year-old and declare over it, “Jesus will!”

©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment