Friday, January 18, 2019

White Release


It is Well ~ Kristene DiMarco

Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows … ~ Isaiah 53: 4 NKJV

Coming back to my hometown, Brad was especially concerned that dark shadows may be lurking around some corners. Fortunately, that hasn’t been the case. But a few days ago, something unexpected happened that dredged up muck from the pit and past. I didn’t realize it was upsetting me till today. I pulled into our parking lot, left a message asking a friend for prayer, and got out of my car.  As I walked toward our apartment in the falling snow, I felt the soft, white release. I felt God’s gentle reminder that He’s already healed me, taking away all the fear and shame.

Walking in the snow, I felt as free as a child, God’s child.

Are there burdens or unexpected old muck weighing on you? You don’t have to let fear, shame, or pain drag you into the pit. You can be free, feeling as light-weight as gently falling snow.

Father, thank you for the reminder that You’ve already paid for and taken it all for me. I pray that anyone who desires the freedom and peace You offer would give You everything, so You can wash them as white as snow. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

… And by His stripes we are healed. ~ Isaiah 53:5 NKJV

Jesus Paid It All ~ Kristian Stanfill
©Heather Potts 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment