Friday, July 9, 2021

Greatest Story

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QFibRYApr8

Child of Love ~ We the Kingdom

 For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you! ~ Isaiah 41:13 AMPC

For Savannah’s birthday, we’d planned to surprise her with tickets to Saturday’s Lifest event, so she could see Crowder, her favorite band. When I told a friend our plans, she said she had some extra FREE tickets for the FULL event, if I wanted them. I was over-the-moon excited and thankful - both to God and to her!


The other day, when I asked a friend what his family’s plans were for the weekend, I also asked if they were going to Lifest - a 4-day concert with numerous Christian bands and speakers. His response made me sad. He said, “All concerts are the same. If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.” For many things I would likely agree. But just like each time you read God’s Word He touches your heart in a different way, when you’re singing His praises, His Spirit speaks to your heart differently each time.


Let me assure you, God’s presence was there and He was moving in people’s hearts and lives. I saw it in the way two teenagers worshiped God with their whole hearts. I saw it in the way people were moved to tears, to their feet, and to shouts of joy. I also saw it in the way Elizabeth and Savannah danced and lifted their hands to Jesus - which has to be the best gift God could give a parent. God was in that place! But He’s not just in our town for this concert. He is everywhere you are, when you are worshipping Him. 


Psalm 22:3 says God inhabits the praises of His people. He abides, sits, dwells, lives, and remains with you, as you worship Him. What are you walking through today? Yesterday and last night, we heard from several artists who said they came from a place of pain, shame, and brokenness. If God will do it for them, when they were nobody anybody knew, don’t you think He’ll do it for you, or your loved ones? The very same God, Who creates worlds with a single word, Whose Spirit brings dead bones to life, is the same ALMIGHTY GOD Who is able to make a broken life, broken marriage, and broken heart into the greatest story ever told! Don’t let today be just another song, another concert, another day. Let today be the beginning of the greatest story God ever told with your life!

©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment