Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Chapters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUc86gfzToU

All In ~ Matthew West

 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV

 I love a good action novel, but if the plot takes longer than 5 pages to get moving, I may not keep reading. I know I have high demands. A few years ago, I read an intense series, and as each chapter closed and the next began, I didn’t want to put the book down. However, that often led to forcing myself to close the book at midnight, which made for a hard early start the next morning. I’ve enjoyed reading that author’s – and similar authors’ – books. Our lives are crafted by the greatest Author. Why, then, do we fight to change chapters when He’s clearly compelling us forward?

 I’ve been facing a chapter change in my life – no, it’s not turning 40 in a few weeks – and it’s been difficult to let the old chapter close. But it’s necessary, in order to fully embrace the next. I have friends who are facing chapter changes in their lives, some for career changes, others are moving, and still others are considering permanently homeschooling.  I wonder if they are having a hard time changing chapters, too?

 There was a time in my life that I allowed fear to immobilize me, keeping me from the joy and beauty the next chapter held. Though the next chapter is different from the previous – sometimes different feels a bit scary – I don’t want that to stop me. Instead, I want to be “all in,” giving my heart fully to this new adventure. After all, God said, “Fear not, [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you… (Isaiah 41:10 AMPC).

 If you’re facing a chapter change in your life, do not be afraid. If God called you to it, then remember His promises to be with and help you through it. Don’t let fear hold you back. Instead, decide to be “all in”!

©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment