Wednesday, May 13, 2020

His Faithfulness


There is a King/What Would You Do ~ Elevation Worship

...great is your faithfulness. ~ Lamentations 3:23 NIV

My heart sank when I saw the actual bill total. I knew it was coming, but it was almost double what we expected. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of “making plans” for the difference. Brad tried to remind me of God’s faithfulness in the past, saying our plans were only slightly delayed. I confess that my emotions were so charged that thinking rationally or logically wasn’t going to happen. All I could see was that our plans were ruined, and it hurt.

Sometimes we make the mistake of thinking that the Lord’s faithfulness is a “Get Out of Jail Free” card, so that we won’t have to feel the pain of consequences. But it’s not. Faithful means trustworthy, to make secure. As our Father, God allows us to feel the pain of our choices to help us understand the consequences. But He’s faithful to walk with us through them, as He knows and sees how it hurts us to endure.

Though it hurts to part with such a large amount of money, my mistake wasn’t in underestimating the amount owed. My mistake was in forgetting to Whom this money belonged. But even in my mistake and in getting mad that I had to part with it, the Lord showed His faithfulness, again, by allowing me to see that He provided enough to cover this bill before I knew it was owed.

Perhaps during this COVID-19 season you’ve lost perspective and have forgotten the Lord’s faithfulness. Today is a great day to remind yourself, “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is [His] faithfulness,” (Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV).
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment