Wednesday, May 6, 2020

He Asked Me Why


There’s Nothing that Our God Can’t Do ~ Passion ft. Kristian Stanfill

Then the LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh…?” ~ Genesis 18:13 NIV

I know there have been multiple times that I’ve asked God, “Why.” Why did He allow this or that to happen? But this is the first time I remember Him asking me, “Why.” He didn’t ask me because He didn’t know. I believe He asked me because He did.

In Genesis 18, the Lord visited Abraham and Sarah to let them know Sarah, who was very old and had been barren, would have a child in a year’s time. Upon hearing this, Sarah laughed, as likely we all would. Most women aren’t having children after age 50, let alone older. But the Lord surprised them when He questioned Sarah’s laughing at His statement.

Just like Sarah, I questioned God’s ability. It’s been over four years since God gave me vision and direction and then let me wait…and wait… Several months ago, a friend said I should go after this dream. I told her God would make it happen when He was ready. Then, a few weeks ago, another friend said I should go after my dream. I told her that dreaming was easy but making it reality was harder. That’s when God asked, “Why?” Why do you doubt? How can you believe for other things, but this feels impossible to you?

Does this sound like your story? Do you trust God will fulfill certain prayers, but some dreams feel too far out of reach? The good news is that if they’re too big for you, then they are about the right size for God. God wants to fulfill dreams in such a way that there’s no doubt He made it happen. Today, let’s determine to stop doubting and decide to believe God will do as He promised.
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment