Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Embraced

Awake, awake, arm of the Lord, clothe yourself with strength! ~ Isaiah 51:9 NIV

The other morning, I was snuggling with my Elizabeth.  She’d thrown up and wanted to be held, comforted by my embrace. When we’re feeling out of sorts, don’t we just want to be comforted by Him who loves us?  But how does Father God hold us?

His Arms provide strength, might, power, help and aid. The islands look to me and wait in hope for my arm, (Isaiah 51:5 NIV).
His Hands provide power, means, and direction. You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God, (Isaiah 62:3 NKJV).
In His Palm is power and a place one submits himself to seek security and safety. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me, (Isaiah 49:16 NKJV).
His Bosom is a place of embrace and of acceptance. He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, (Isaiah 40:11 NKJV).
With His Face, He turns toward us, regarding us, both hearing and answering. And I will never again turn my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit upon the people of Israel. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken! (Ezekiel 39:29 NLT)

Just as parents hold their babies, our Father holds us. Held in His lap, we are accepted just as we are. We are loved and embraced by our Father who will never drop, leave, or forsake us.  He will give us strength and help us; He will hold us steady and keep a firm grip on us, (Isaiah 41:9-10). We are God’s sons and daughters, held in His embrace, carried close to His heart, (Isaiah 40:11). When Father looks at us, He smiles. And sometimes He tickles us, just to enjoy the sound of our laughter. We are safe, secure, and forever held in our Father’s loving embrace.

©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment