Saturday, January 9, 2016

I Failed

How often have you felt that you failed within the past month, week, day, hour?

There was one day a few months ago that I felt like a failure. I was so low that I was buying into all the lies and condemnation the enemy threw my way.  But the next day, Holy Spirit said to me, “Put off this mistaken identity of shame. It is not yours!”

If you’ve failed, it’s ok. God’s grace is bigger than our mistakes—even the ones we deem as failures.  It’s ok to fail.  Failing is not the same as being a failure.  You are not a failure, because you refuse to quit.
Now stand up, dust yourself off, and declare this over yourself:

I refuse to quit or get discouraged (Galatians 6:9)!  I will continue to persevere and receive what God has promised me (Hebrews 10:36). I will run with perseverance, throwing off everything that tries to stop me (Hebrews 12:1)!  I refuse to take on a spirit of despair or self-pity.  I refuse to be discouraged!  I refuse to be condemned!  There is now no condemnation for me (Romans 8:1)!  Today will be a great day and Holy Spirit will remind me to choose right thoughts.  I am regaining territory the enemy has stolen from me.  I am a warrior princess! I will be patient with myself and remember that it is God who is doing a good work in me and HE will bring it to full completion (Philippians 2:13, 1:6).
In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen!

©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment