Saturday, January 16, 2016

Just Like You

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” ~ Matthew 19:14 NIV

Our Elizabeth wants to do everything her big sister does, so she’s already started potty-training.  Because she’s watched her sister do the routine enough times, Elizabeth knows every step. She loves to wear “love socks” just like her big sister, as well as her sister’s shoes.

Our Savannah is much more of a processer than her sister—very much like her daddy. When she enters a new situation, Savannah concentrates on it a long time, often watching others to learn how to do it. But sometimes, she comes up with her own creative solution, like when she was learning to stand, she would often use her mouth as a “third hand.”  

One day, Savannah said to me, “I want to be like you.” That’s both mind-blowing and attention-grabbing. What does she see when she sees me? What am I demonstrating? Who am I exemplifying for her?

Jesus said to let the little children come to Him. Just as our children want to be like us, we are to be like little children, observing and then replicating what Jesus does, in our thoughts, words, and actions.

Father, help me to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, so that not only I, but my girls also, will become more and more like Him. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.
©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment