Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Whatever is True

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. ~ 1 Peter 5:8 NLT

After the Daughters of the King conference, a woman said that today we feel strong, but not too far off, the enemy will try to steal and negate all the truths we’d learned over the weekend.  She said to memorize Philippians 4:8 and to think on the things that we know to be true.  Holy Spirit encouraged me to write down how I would refute lies with Philippians 4:8.

TRUE
·         I am a Daughter of the King; my dress is dazzling, lined and woven with gold (Psalm 45:9-15)
·         I can do All Things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)
HONORABLE & WORTHY OF RESPECT
·         Brad is my spiritual covering as the prophet (diligently seeking to hear God’s voice and the truth, washing his bride pure in the water of the Word), priest (intercessor, connecting God and man, sacrificially sensitive to my needs—if I’m not well, then he’s not well and everything matters), and king (appointed and servant ruler of the home, initiator of decisions).
RIGHT & CONFIRMED BY GOD’S WORD
·         Now I am dressed in purity. Now I am robed in Righteousness. I will not suffer shame; I will not be humiliated. My victory is in the Lord! My Maker is my Husband—the Lord Almighty is His Name, the Holy One of Israel is my Redeemer, (Isaiah 54:4-5).
PURE & WHOLESOME
·         Let my adornment be [the inner beauty of] the hidden person of the heart, the imperishable quality and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, [one that is calm and self-controlled, not overanxious, but serene and spiritually mature] which is very precious in the sight of God, (1 Peter 3:4)
LOVELY & BRINGS PEACE
·         Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom, (Isaiah 40:11). I am embraced by my Father who loves me.
ADMIRABLE & GOOD REPUTE
·         Brad is the glory of God and I am the glory of Brad, (Hebrews 1:3, 1 Corinthians 11:7)
EXCELLENCE
·         If you repent [and give up this mistaken attitude of despair and self-pity], then I will restore you [to a state of inner peace] So that you may stand before Me [as My obedient representative];
And if you separate the precious from the worthless [examining yourself and cleansing your heart from unwarranted doubt concerning My faithfulness], You will become My spokesman, (Jeremiah 15:19).
WORTHY OF PRAISE
·         Delight yourself in the Lord, And He will give you the desires and petitions of your heart, (Psalm 37:4)

The enemy won’t attack us when we are strong and emboldened by the Lord. He will wait till the shine wears off and we are easier prey. Ask God to give you truths to refute the enemy’s lies and stay alert!

©Heather Potts 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment