Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Love by God

"Today I want to tell you that I love you," God said as He stroked my hair and kissed my forehead.

What does it mean to be loved by God?

I will never leave you nor forsake you (Joshua 1:5)--means never, ever being abandoned, but always in His care.

I have loved you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)--means you will never be unlovable, for He has always loved you.

I have engraved you in the palms of my hands (Isaiah 49:16)--means He loves you so much and is so proud of you (a proud papa) that He carries your picture around with Him always, so He can always look on you with love and adoration.

I have chosen you (1 Thessalonians 1:4) and I have called you by name; you are mine (Isaiah 43:1)--means not only are you not a mistake, you were chosen by God specifically so He could love you and raise you up to be something unique and special--His.

What does it mean to be loved by God? It means never lacking anything--not love, a home, parents, friends, food, not anything. If God takes care of the daisies of the field, how much more so will He take care of His Heather, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment